Thursday, November 27, 2008

merci

i like the basic idea of thanksgiving. not the pilgrims so much, but saying thank you. it shouldn't be a once a year day. but then again, most days shouldn't be a once a year day (talk like a pirate day!)

the bombings in mumbai have impacted this day for me. how much americans take for granted. there are so many people in this world that look upon EVERY day thankful that they are alive. just ALIVE.

gluttony isn't just about eating. i learned a new word the other day. hedonism. yeah yeah, i didn't know it before. but i'm sure there are many people who don't know the true meaning of that word. that don't realize how much more we have than what we NEED. need. that's a loaded term.

a simple life. i can dream it, but really i have no idea what simple is.


i'm thankful for:
my wonderful family. all happy and healthy.
my amazing friends. i am surrounded by beautiful and inspiring people.
my home. it's small and warm and perfect for us.
my health. i worked out today!
electricity, plumbing and the like.
a VERY full belly. too full.
knitting
rain, with the promise of snow.
my family again.
and again.

i'm so blessed.

No comments: