Tuesday, July 22, 2008

veganlicious 2.0

oh. baked a lot today. i made orange scones and pumpkin bread this afternoon. i used vegan with a vengence and i'm really loving that cookbook.

i had a headache all weekend. yesterday i sat outside, determined to get some air and calm myself enough so it would go away. no sound. no tv. no knitting. no reading. i went really well except for the no sound. still, i was not going to let it bother me and used it as an exercise in patience and empathy and whatever else i needed to learn that day.

birds chirping. hummingbirds killing each other over our feeder. chainsaws. always a chainsaw. what's up with that. a noise like a sander. a big one. maybe someone is dragging their pine needles across the yard on a tarp. neighbors fighting. always fighting. what's up with that? atleast the chainsaw isn't from that direction. then the best sound of all. mama mama mama from dd waking up from her nap.

so what did i learn? i love our birds, maybe not so much the humming ones. i'm glad my marriage is better than my neighbors'. my daughter is the best thing ever.

and my headache went away.

i ran for the first time in 14 years today. it wasn't for very long. i don't think i've been more proud of myself lately. i could tell such a huge difference in my fitness level. i finally feel my body and what it can do. i'm making the connection.

today's totals:

yippee: didn't spend over my limit at the health food store... actually spent half!
ran. taught dd more animal words. cooked vegan treats

boo: forgot to drop off movie rentals on the way home, so have to make another trip.
made only baked goods and nothing with veggies today. argh.

No comments: